Sandwell Council alongside Carillion are holding a special event on Thursday 19 November 2015, enabling local businesses like yours to meet the architects and specifiers charged with designing the new Midland Metropolitan Hospital (MMH).
As you may know, Smethwick is soon to be transformed with an estimated £1bn of investment, including the state-of-the-art MMH. In the coming months Carillion, the preferred bidder, will need advanced medical technologies, built environment materials, clinical equipment and innovations.
The opportunities could be huge for clued-up product designers and engineers with the skills, resources and ingenuity to meet Carillion’s design challenges.
To help you get involved (and, in turn, boost our region’s economy) Sandwell Council’s West Midlands Virtual Hospital team is holding a free product demonstrator and informal CPD ‘Meet the Midland Metropolitan Hospital Architects’ day in Smethwick on Thursday 19 November.
* Meet with healthcare clients and decision-makers tasked with bringing innovative technologies and best practice to Sandwell’s newest healthcare facilities
* Meet the actual design team making architectural decisions on the MMH and present your products to them for design considerations
* Hear from design experts (including Adam Stevens, Carillion’s principal design manager) on plans to roll out building information modelling across the MMH project
* Deliver a 30 minute product demonstration seminar in our Designers’ Den and make a technical presentation to a panel of architects, showcasing your healthcare-related products or materials and medical or component innovations
* Network over a complimentary buffet lunch with other engineers and manufacturers, with a mind to collaborating on cost, products, technology, knowledge, and carbon-reducing initiatives.
It’s FREE to attend
When:- Thursday 19 November 2015
Where:- BIM Technology & Skills Development Suite, CAP Centre, Windmill Lane, Smethwick, West Midlands B66 3LX
Time:- 10:30am to 3pm
Sign Up:- To reserve your place, contact Sandwell Council’s Steve Massey on email@example.com